Teen Voices Amplifying in the News!
- We're proud to introduce the newest addition to Boston Parents Paper. Teen Focus is now online and full of great articles, tips and resources for Massachusetts parents navigating their children's teen years. Teen Voices shares tips for parenting teens on pages 20-21!
- What You Can Do presents "Improve the Media Image of Girls", a short documentary featuring Teen Voices.
- Teen Voices writer Lynn Celestin was interviewed on Commonwealth Journal." Listen to her share her feelings after the Haiti earthquake." Click here to find out how.
- Editor and publisher Jessica Moore featured in AP article about job recovery in the wake of the economic crisis
For media inquiries, please call us at (617) 426-5505 or email email@example.com
Teen Voices' Executive Director Awarded Barr Fellowship
Teen Voices' Executive Director Jenny Amory has been awarded a 2011 fellowship from the Barr Foundation in recognition of her leadership work in Boston." The Barr Fellows Program honors the contributions of the most gifted and experienced leaders in the Boston area.
Barr Fellows were selected based on their past contributions to the community, their potential to continue to contribute at a high level into the next decade, and their demonstrated capacity to learn from their peers locally and globally.
"We congratulate Jenny Amory on her selection and are pleased to provide her with this opportunity to reflect on her accomplishments." Her leadership is important to the future of Boston," said Pat Brandes, Executive Director of the Barr Foundation." The three-year Barr Fellowship includes a sabbatical, a journey to Haiti and a series of retreats.
- Created the first journalism mentoring and leadership program that serves primarily low-income girls of color and publishes a global magazine.
- Published 54 issues of Teen Voices print magazine, a four-color glossy magazine for over 19 years, reaching 45,000 readers in 13 countries.
- Established Teen Voices Online, our award-winning website updated monthly with 200,000 annual page views from 175 countries.
- Empowered hundreds of low-income Boston area girls through mentorship and job-skill development.
- Training of hundreds of young college women as mentors and activist leaders.
- Reached thousands of girls through our teen-generated media, workshops, and forums.
- Developed an intergenerational community of activist writers.
- Recognized by the Anna B. Stearns Charitable Foundation as the first recipient of the" Sylvia Simmons Best Practices Award in 2009.
- Presented at the Geena Davis Institute on Gender in Media in 2008, increasing local and national demand for our services as experts on girls in the media, girls' issues, and girls' programming.
- 2006 Women of Excellence Award given to Executive Director, Jenny Amory.
- 2002 Best of WWWomen Site Award.
- Won the 1997 Take a Stand Award, Boston Women's Fund
- Acknowledged "Best Content" by the National Council on Crime and Delinquency in 1996.
- 1992 Peace Award, Boston Mayor's Office.