NOTE: Because Teen Voices is closing, August will be the final month to enter our Art Contest. Artist of the Year will be chosen from our pool of January to August winners. Details to be announced soon.
You must be a girl between the ages of 13 and 19.
You must have a working email address.You must be at least 15 years old to participate in the SMFA 3-week Pre-College Summer Studio. A deferral for one year is available.
You must be willing to consent to our submission policy. (See the “Get Published” section of the homepage on our website.)
- All work must be original.
- Only online submissions will be accepted. Please do not mail original artwork to Teen Voices.
- Your work must have a resolution of 300 dpi and be in .jpeg format. Image should be no larger than 360 x 504 pixels. (Size of original artwork may be larger.)
- Name your file in this order: “Theme_Last Name, First Name” (example: “Girls in School_Doe, Jane”)
- Artwork can be of any medium and style.
- Include an artist’s statement of no more than 150 words that reflects something about you and the meaning or inspiration behind your artwork.
- All photos of individual faces will require written consent from the person pictured, or their parent, if the person is under age 18. Subject consent forms are available on our website.
- Limited to three entries per month per person.
- There will be no repeat winners in the 12-month contest period, but please feel free to continue to submit your artwork to Teen Voices for consideration of publication in other realms.
- Artwork will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Relevance and artistic connection to theme
- Originality and creativity
- Handling of media
- Depth of concept
- Overall effectiveness of work as an artistic piece
- Expressiveness and personality
Most important, BE CREATIVE and HAVE FUN!