Discover Your Perfect Stay

Teen Voices Magazine - Submit an Article, Poem, Artwork, or Review

Released May 3, 2011 Reviewed by Katherine Gross, 15 Massachusetts

November 2022 by Music Connection - Issuu

To be truthful, I have never been a fan of rock and roll music, and I certainly didn't know what to expect when I first listened to Alexx Calise's music on iTunes. The only rock songs I had ever heard were from listening to Linkin Park and the Dropkick Murphy's with my brother. Having heard In Avanti, I think that Alexx Calise tops every single one of those bands; her music is so original and powerful, her lyrics so edgy, and her vibe so dark that I didn't want to stop listening!

"In Avanti" is Calise's second solo album, a follow-up to "Morning Pill." I appreciated the way she incorporated elements of pop and electronic into each of her songs, both of which helped to mellow out the strong, heavy metal-esque beat that was prominent throughout.

My favorite was "Cry," which had limited acoustics. The soft guitar in the background gave Calise the opportunity to showcase her raw and beautiful voice, and delve into darker emotions. I liked the rebellious, strong-willed spirit of such songs as "Break Me," "Good Enough," and "Saying Goodbye," which were about overcoming very intense and heavy relationships.

I also enjoyed the more tender songs like "See You Again," which had a jazzy and mellow beat. Another highlight was "Out of Sight." The song begins quietly with soft guitar and builds up to a fierce, electric chorus in which Calise copes with the loss of a relationship with a boy she truly loves.

I think "In Avanti" will appeal to girls because of the empowering message Alexx Calise spreads through many of her songs. She sings about being strong and breaking free from bad relationships, a subject to which many teens can relate. Calise's versatility as an artist is another reason why this album is captivating. In sharp contrast to her songs of passion and rebellion, she is able to show vulnerability in songs such as "Release Me," in which she portrays someone going through a difficult internal struggle.

I am proud to say that Alexx Calise has made me a fan of rock and roll. I don't think there was a single track that I didn't enjoy! Her striking vocal style and raw emotion make her a phenomenal up-and-coming artist. To all of you who don't like rock music, give "In Avanti" a try. You won't be disappointed!

apr24_full_issue by Music Connection - Issuu

Teen Voices Magazine encourages young talent by providing a platform for teenagers to submit their creative expressions. Whether it's an article, poem, artwork, or review, we believe in showcasing the voices and perspectives of teenagers. If you have something to share, whether it's an opinion on music like Katherine Gross, a personal story, or a piece of artwork, Teen Voices Magazine is the place for you.

At Teen Voices Magazine, we understand the importance of providing a safe space for teenagers to express themselves. That's why we have a team of editors who review all submissions to ensure that they meet our guidelines and adhere to our standards of inclusivity and respect. We welcome submissions from teenagers of all backgrounds and cultures.

So, if you have something to say or share, don't hesitate to submit your work to Teen Voices Magazine. We can't wait to hear from you and help amplify your voice!

Greensboro

Cancun

Grand Rapids

Nashville

Las Vegas

Atlanta

Myrtle Beach

Liverpool

Scottsdale

Miami

Philadelphia

Honolulu

Dubai

Asheville

Charleston

Cape May

Gainesville

Boone

Logan

Fort Walton Beach

Fort Lauderdale

Key West

Atlantic City

Monterey

Dublin

Hershey

Williamsburg

London

Palm Beach Shores

Cardiff

Colorado Springs

Tokyo

Durango

New York

Panama City Beach

Branson

Anaheim

Tampa

Destin

San Diego

Galveston

Gulf Shores

Benidorm

Barcelona

Alicante

South Haven

Sydney

San Juan

Corpus Christi

Naples

Torremolinos

Blackpool

Santa Barbara

Tel Aviv

Tulum

South Padre Island

Adelaide

Malaga

Marmaris

Oludeniz

Nassau

Nice

Tijuana

Los Angeles

Playa del Carmen

Manila

Nerja

Palma de Mallorca

Rimini

Cartagena

West Palm Beach

Ocean City

Lincoln City

Athens

Hong Kong

Naples

Antalya

Pattaya

Ogunquit

Boracay Island

Marco Island

Cape Town

Singapore

Rehoboth Beach

Abu Dhabi

Long Beach

Big Sur

Cabo San Lucas

Dunedin

New Buffalo

Newport

Melbourne

Mobile

Cambria

Saint Joseph

Islamorada

Clearwater Beach

Pensacola Beach

Daytona Beach

Hollywood

Old Orchard Beach

Newport Beach

Valencia

Brighton

Seaside

Lima

Savannah

Montego Bay

Genoa

Split

Accra

Sorrento

Lagos

Paphos

Bethany Beach

Redondo Beach

Morro Bay

Jekyll Island

Mystic

Southport

Oak Island

Puerto Penasco

York

Hyannis

Plymouth

Bay St. Louis

Puerto Vallarta

Narragansett

Pismo Beach