Social Justice Institute
High school students can make a difference in the summer! Students in the Social Justice Institute at Rosie’s Place earn community service hours and learn more about social justice issues while providing much-needed volunteer service to the poor and homeless women at Rosie’s Place.
- High school students ages 16-18
- Volunteer for any 12 shifts serving lunch or dinner in our Dining Room or assisting guests in our Food Pantry
- Attend 2 social justice seminars about issues facing our guests
- Complete a short reflection paper
- Shifts in July and August. Shifts are offered 7 days a week during morning, afternoon and evening hours.
- Help people in need and learn about issues affecting your community
- Complete high school community service requirements during times that work for you
- Gain volunteer experience to include on college applications
- Receive a certificate of completion and a reference letter detailing your service
Applications for the 2014 Social Justice Institute will be available in the spring of 2014. To learn more about the Social Justice Institute, please email email@example.com.
“From Rosie’s Place… I’ve come to realize that social justice is not just about treating people equally, it’s also about showing people the kindness, compassion, and respect they deserve…[Guests] face a day with no one showing them respect because they’re homeless, or no one sending a smile their way. Rosie’s Place shows the women that they matter and deserve kindness."